Wednesday, March 30, 2011

As it comes to an End

Yay! School is over and its' summer time already. (I make no excuses for not writing more often). We'll, shut them books and throw 'em away 
Say goodbye to dull school days. It's time to live and have some thrills. Well, no more studyin' EX PSY. I'm done with it, finally!
last day of school
But it seems like my plate is still full! I need a vacation! Applying for an internship have been rather hectic. I submitted my resume last Sunday to different companies and I haven't received any positive response yet.

Below are the 2 last e-mail I have received. 

I sent an email to the US Embassy, Manila

Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings of Peace!
     
I am incoming 4th year Sociology student. I would like to ask if you are accepting interns/on-the-job trainees for this summer 2011.
In view of this, I wish to apply for the internship.

Hoping for your favorable response on the matter.
Thank you.

Respectfully,
Ms. Shari Bautista

US Embassy, Manila response to my email

Hello Shari, Thank you for your interest in applying for a job at U.S. Embassy, Manila. You can find details on our Foreign National Student Internship Program at http://manila.usembassy.go
v/foreign_national_student_internship_program2.html
There isn’t any deadline for submission. This is a continuous program that we run for the entire year but we do advise you to submit your application as soon as you have completed all the necessary requirements. 
Your application will be evaluated. Once it has been determined that you meet the qualification requirements, then your name will be included in the short list that will be forwarded to the hiring office. At that point, you may be considered and called for an interview.

UNAIDS response to my email

Dear Shari,
May I refer you to Ms Joanne Fernadez of UNDP Human Resources with regards to your internship application. Joanne is cc: in this email.

For further information on internship with UNDP Phils, kindly  open this link below

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Lourdes

ahhhhh! I'm impatient. I just can't wait no more. I'm really excited and I want to start my internship now!
I'll keep my fingers crossed. 

In all things it is better to hope than to despair!!

Yesterday, I went to school for OJT seminar then a night out with friends in Seafood Island and Uncle Cheffy. 

Getting ridiculously restless and out of line Added to a bunch of folks drinking and hell vent on making fun of each other and everything else.

Some things I may forget today, 
And some things I may never recall, 
But that place, those days,
I have no trouble remembering that, at all.