Saturday, June 4, 2011

summing up my summer 2011

Summer 2011 was awesome. So many things have happened. It was uplifting in that I learned a number of things, as well, as did some fun stuff. I traveled, I partied, I had a great time! Here’s the run down.

Work:
I had my internship at the United Nations. There are some departments, which are more competitive than others. I cannot really speak for every department, but practically speaking I assume departments that have more prestige (like working with the Judges) are more difficult to get. 
As an intern, I was given several different responsibilities, some of them having nothing to do with each other. Being flexible and open to change was key in fitting well into this organization. While there was a wide range of tasks assigned, there were also some routine tasks to be completed every week. Regardless of how silly some work may seem (i.e: photocopy a book) do it quickly and do it correctly. The expectations were high, the workload immense, the time short and the experience remarkable. I am sad to leave  but confident I have indeed learned a great deal. I've really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere at the company and the wonderful people I've worked alongside. I hope there is a possibility of full-time employment 3-5 years from now. 


More justice than injustice, more freed men than imprisoned, a higher number of feeding humans than starving, and more peaceful nations than war-torn.

Last day of my summer internship. Pinaghanda pa nila ako. :
-)
Trips:
Lucban, Quezon
 Pahiyas Festival

Kawit, Cavite
Watercamp Resorts

Tagaytay
Visited the  Madrigal mansion which was bought by Willie. 


School:
Photoshoot
Office of External Affairs 

Social life:
Tita Lenore's 48th birthday

Night out at Uncle Cheffy


Tito Manny's burial


New Family members:
 My cat Mimi gave birth to 2 adorable kittens on 2nd pregnancy
Meet Borgy which I bought from the pet store yesterday

And the highlight of my summer
My adopted baby sister :bib21:
 She's a royal pain in the ass. Buti na lang ang cute-cute nya. hahaha
I'm a big sister now!


The school day is rapidly approaching and it's back to homework and all that dumb shit again. This time is associated with extra anxiety:bib1:
When summer begins, it seems like it will last forever. But you only have a few days left at this point, so take advantage. 

I'll be cheering you on as you go!