Thursday, June 28, 2012

at the speed of creativity

my current state
illustration by Erika Kuhn

I keep my creative juices flowing by checking out art blogs. About a month ago I came across Katie Sokoler's site. She is an Brooklyn-based street artist, photographer, and actress. There is a lot of creativity exhibited there. Full of new and interesting ideas on how to do things in new ways. Yesterday, I re-read all her posts. All of a sudden I became incredibly insecure. I hastily gathered all the things I could use for my own art work.

 Ta-daa! These are my Art tools


Creativity suggests actual creation of something, not just imagination. 
I will post my own work here
so watch out for that!

On the other hand, I've painstakingly put together the following list of sites for Art inspiration, so you never need to go elsewhere or waste hours of your precious time scouring through the search engines.
  1. WeeWillDoodle
  2. Pikaland
  3. Doodlers anonymous
  4. the black apple
  5. Creative Something
  6. Art journaling
  7. Creative kismet
  8. Drawn
  9. Teesha's circus
  10. Masterfile