Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Blogger's Tale

To tell you the truth, when I was 14, I had somewhat of a blog. My interest in blogging resurfaced when I saw my friend's blog entries in Multiply and out of a quietly eager sense of curiosity. Knowing absolutely nothing about blogs and personal websites (or blogging), I set one up in Livejournal and entered my first "post" late that night and, if you ever found it, I would probably die out of embarrassment. Oh the things we say when we are so young and so very stupid. It can be quite overwhelming to get started. 
Why do I have a blog? Well there are several answers to that question. But the main reasons are:
1. Great writing practice. 
2. It gratifies the "collector" part of my personality.
3.  I've been reading several blogs for years. And while reading a blog doesn't make me a blogger. It did make we want to give it a shot. 
4. There are a lot of things I want to write down. Some so I won't forget them, some so my friends won't forget them, and some just because. 
5. It's a creative outlet 
6. Documenting my life (past, present and future)
7. On the less serious side of things, well, blogging's fun.

I don’t claim to be an expert , but this blog is still spinning after five years and not easing anytime soon. However, I believe my little home here offers an honest charm to it without material motives that you can relate to; your life differs from mine in many ways, but this blog covers enough to link and overlap the two as well. Living a normal life without living a boring life.

For me, jotting down facts and ideas as well as reading other people's blogs has always been an addiction. I had a series of sites that I checked daily. It has not only helped me to improve my own blog, but most importantly, to broaden my horizons by learning about other people or simply adding to my knowledge of things. 
Here are a few of my favorite Pinay celebrity blogs, the ones I regularly check and read.


I've been reading this blog since I was in 3rd year high school. From the very first moment I started reading her blog, I was hooked. Patty has a unique way to master words and attract her readers' interest.  Also, a valuable source of information. 

Daphne, it's always one of my most favorite places to visit in the blogosphere. Impossible to get bored when reading her blog entries.

Although I do not consider myself a fashion blogger, I sure am obsessed with fashion. 
If you live and breathe fashion, these two stylista should be familiar to you. Simply brilliant! I love seeing the outfits they put together. Camille has to come from money because her clothes are just what a girl could only dream of. Plus, she is polished and poised.

Between her cool photographs and beautiful illustrations, this lady has got it going on. 

I discovered her blog a long time ago and fell hard. Yeah! Matagal na kong Saabscriber ( during her wordpress and multiply days pa). She writes in an easy-going manner. 

Her inspirational posts are like a haven of peace where I can sit back and enjoy her great content.

And the bottom line is Content is king!