Saturday, January 15, 2011

A love letter to my future children

This is your mother writing to you at age 19. The year now is 2011. I'm also writing to let you know  how much I love you my dear babies.  I've already dreamed of you countless times (go ask ninong Marc, ninong Jm and ninang Bey) and prayed to have you finally someday. That even before you were conceived, I have already loved and longed for you.  I wonder what it’s like for you where you are now. I already have your name picked out.  Kanesa Saint Laurent (if you are a girl) and Kurt Alaric (if you are a boy). I think you will like it. My college friends and I talk about you a lot. That's crazy, I know, but it's true. I wonder what you will look like. Who will you look like? I picture you as a handsome little baby boy and sometimes I see you as my darling daughter. it’s you and your siblings I’m dreaming about. You’re all beautiful—beautiful little spirits I’m already in love with. I want you to be like highly intelligent, extremely artistic, and very prosperous. Speak at least three foreign languages, play a musical instrument and join the New York Philharmonic, become a scientist and discover cures for diseases that impair humans and animals, become the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company. 
I hope that you don't disappoint me. Don't get in trouble!! As long as you do what I just said, then you'll be successful. Someday you will see what it's like to not be listened to by your kids.


I’ve heard it said time and again that once a mother holds her baby in her arms, the amount of love that swells in her heart is overwhelming. It’s something I’ve been told I can’t imagine until I experience it. For me, it’s not that hard to believe, actually. Though we haven’t met, I love you already. I know my love for you can only grow, and I’m excited for that. I’m excited to meet you.


this is mommy's 2011 Belle de Jour power planner ( I literally live off of my planner. I write everything from meeting times, homework assignments, birthdays, events, seminars, phone calls to be made, and the list goes on. By writing down each course and highlighting them in different colors) Get a planner.!! :19:
I want you to read, reread, re-read it and please take good care of it. It's one of my "pamana." 
btw I'm currently saving some of my great stuffs for you.  


After I finish writing this letter, I will continue my quest in finding your father so that I could be a step closer to you.  You will be the continuation of our lives.. Our eternity and the fruit of our love....I hope my children, you will continue the love story which me and your father will start and the legacy which I will plant in this world. 


With all the love that I possess,
 :kiss:Mommy Shari