Sunday, March 17, 2013

Holy Holi


source google images

The Festival of Colors known in India as "Holi," celebrates the commencement of spring. Participants in the event use colored powder to toss into the air and onto each other. Originally an agricultural festival intended to celebrate the arrival of spring and commemorate various events in Hindu mythology, Holi is, according to one Indian website, ‘a time when man and nature alike throw off the gloom of winter and rejoice in the colours and liveliness of spring’. This year Holi festival will begin on the 27th of March.  

The way the colored powder moves and spreads through the air is a real work of art. Spectacular colors and vibrance in an emotive explosion. Those shots makes me jealous. If only I could teleport to India to celebrate and douse myself with brightly tinted powders along with them. If only...

I am trying to match up with them. Haha!! Buti na lang I bought these powdered candies the other day.
My baby sister could not stop herself from dipping her finger into my hand.

Please tell me where can I purchase gulal powders??