Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Because I'm one hella frustrated indie film actress

My admiration and obsession for independent films began last year. 
I do enjoy mainstream cinema. However, I feel that the best films can be found within Independent Cinema.   
Where would I be most likely to spend my money?  I would spend it going to see an independent film at any local Contemporary Arts Theatre. I like sitting with similar minded people, watching a film that I can truly relate to.  I like falling in love with the characters, and feeling I know similar people to those portrayed on screen.  Most of all however, I like knowing that the film was made out of love, passion and determination to make the best of what they had. That’s very important.
You might disagree with my last point in many ways. (Stirred up debate)
But these are just my thoughts. I don’t think there’s much room for a bottle of objectivity, and please acknowledge that this is largely a personal interpretation.

Anyway, July is the film festival month here in the Philippines. Well, it's Cinemalaya season once again and I couldn't be happier!
Yay! Excited for tomorrow. Bey, Carla and I, we'll be watching Ligo na U lapit na me and Isda. 


visit
Cinemalaya 2011 Schedule
or
Pinoyindiefilms
Dang.! it  totally blew me away. 


also, watch this video 

Faculty by Jerrold Tarog-  A Prequel to Senior Year

(Senior Year made me miss my old school, ESS-South) :(



Hay naku patama ba ito sa mga snobby, rich kids at bratty students o kaya naman sa mga  paaralang pang-kolehiyo na ang admisyon ng estudyante ay dapat nasa isang milyong ang taunang kita ng magulang.?Sa susunod na lang ako magbibigay ng komento o kritikal na pagtatasa sa video na ito. Dahil 2:15 na ng umaga.